The field of nuclear medicine is at a crossroads of need and opportunities. Continued development of cell targeted research is showing advancement in therapy beyond traditional cancer treatments and common diagnostic methods using limited supplies of useful isotopes such as short lived beta and alpha emitters. However, it will take a concerted effort on the part of the medical industry, business, and government funding to achieve the needed isotopes and approved procedures.
Latest from John Shanahan
- Radiation from natural and human sources (Theodore Rockwell, Zbigniew Jaworoski)
- Theodore Rockwell biography (National Academy of Engineering)
- Establishing Scientific Bases for Risk-Based Radiation Regulations (S.A.R.I., SARI)
- Treatment of cancer and inflammation (S Kojima, M Tsukimoto, N Shimura, H Koga, A Murata, T Takara)
- Radiation is safe within limits (Robert Hargraves)