The field of nuclear medicine is at a crossroads of need and opportunities. Continued development of cell targeted research is showing advancement in therapy beyond traditional cancer treatments and common diagnostic methods using limited supplies of useful isotopes such as short lived beta and alpha emitters. However, it will take a concerted effort on the part of the medical industry, business, and government funding to achieve the needed isotopes and approved procedures.
Latest from John Shanahan
- Nuclear Africa 2017 Conference Magazine (Kelvin Kemm) South Africa
- How two nuclear projects bankrupted Westinghouse (Reuters, Tom Hals, Emily Flitter)
- Nuclear Energy - Will we miss the boat again? (Sidney Bernsen)
- Displacement of fossil fuels by nuclear power in 25 to 34 years (Barry Brook, Staffan Qvist)
- Linear No Threshold Obituary (Jay Lehr)