Henri Bonet, World Council On Isotopes: Many people believe that our work in the nuclear field is not ethical, relaying Greenpeace and other Environmentalist’s accusations. What to respond? Thriving in Radiation: Many ethical issues are related to both protection against radiation and exploitation of radiation as a means for improving quality of human life. Nuclear techniques are used in a significant number of applications outside nuclear energy production. Examples include not only the medical sector, but also agriculture and food processing, modern industry including materials development, environmental protection, space exploration, arts & science, public security… All together, these various sectors economically dwarf that of energy production.
Latest from John Shanahan
- 100 percent renewable energy rested on a lie (Michael Shellenberger, Environmental Progress - Mark Jacobson)
- Energy is worth a war (Robert Hargraves)
- Atomic humanism - Alvin Weinberg (Michael Shellenberger)
- Nine Nuclear Grand Challenges Report (American Nuclear Society, ANS)
- Nine Nuclear Grand Challenges (American Nuclear Society, ANS)