American Nuclear Society - Health Physics Society: Joint Topical Meeting September 23 - 26, 2018. Call for Abstracts by May 1, 2017. For more than thirty years, the scientific community has discussed and debated assumptions and models for low-dose radiation exposures. The American Nuclear Society and Health Physics Society are joining forces to host a joint topical meeting on Applicability of Radiation Response Models to Low Dose Protection Standards. Topics will include: • Scientific foundations for radiation protection standards and emergency action guidelines, • Molecular basis of radiation response at low dose, • Applicability of linear no-threshold dose-response models, • Public perceptions of radiation risk. • Implementation of radiation protection regulations, • Opportunities for beneficial changes to radiation protection regulations. Please submit your abstract before May 1, 2017.
Latest from John Shanahan
- War on affordable electricity (Dax Contreras)
- No peak oil in sight (James Conca)
- Evidence low dose rates increase dog lifespans (Jerry Cuttler, Ludwig Feinendegen, Yehoshua Socol)
- Faux nuclear news before faux news became popular in politics (Amelia Frahm)
- Energiewende oder schutz der natur (Fritz Vahrenholt) German, Deutsch, Germany