American Nuclear Society - Health Physics Society: Joint Topical Meeting September 23 - 26, 2018. Call for Abstracts by May 1, 2017. For more than thirty years, the scientific community has discussed and debated assumptions and models for low-dose radiation exposures. The American Nuclear Society and Health Physics Society are joining forces to host a joint topical meeting on Applicability of Radiation Response Models to Low Dose Protection Standards. Topics will include: • Scientific foundations for radiation protection standards and emergency action guidelines, • Molecular basis of radiation response at low dose, • Applicability of linear no-threshold dose-response models, • Public perceptions of radiation risk. • Implementation of radiation protection regulations, • Opportunities for beneficial changes to radiation protection regulations. Please submit your abstract before May 1, 2017.
Latest from John Shanahan
- Radiation from natural and human sources (Theodore Rockwell, Zbigniew Jaworoski)
- Theodore Rockwell biography (National Academy of Engineering)
- Establishing Scientific Bases for Risk-Based Radiation Regulations (S.A.R.I., SARI)
- Treatment of cancer and inflammation (S Kojima, M Tsukimoto, N Shimura, H Koga, A Murata, T Takara)
- Radiation is safe within limits (Robert Hargraves)