American Nuclear Society - Health Physics Society: Joint Topical Meeting September 23 - 26, 2018. Call for Abstracts by May 1, 2017. For more than thirty years, the scientific community has discussed and debated assumptions and models for low-dose radiation exposures. The American Nuclear Society and Health Physics Society are joining forces to host a joint topical meeting on Applicability of Radiation Response Models to Low Dose Protection Standards. Topics will include: • Scientific foundations for radiation protection standards and emergency action guidelines, • Molecular basis of radiation response at low dose, • Applicability of linear no-threshold dose-response models, • Public perceptions of radiation risk. • Implementation of radiation protection regulations, • Opportunities for beneficial changes to radiation protection regulations. Please submit your abstract before May 1, 2017.
Latest from John Shanahan
- 100 percent renewable energy rested on a lie (Michael Shellenberger, Environmental Progress - Mark Jacobson)
- Energy is worth a war (Robert Hargraves)
- Atomic humanism - Alvin Weinberg (Michael Shellenberger)
- Nine Nuclear Grand Challenges Report (American Nuclear Society, ANS)
- Nine Nuclear Grand Challenges (American Nuclear Society, ANS)