Michael Shellenberger, Founder & President of Environmental Progress, website: www.environmentalprogress.org: The looming insolvency of Toshiba has set off a chain reaction of events that threatens the existence of nuclear power in the West. The Japanese and French governments will be compelled to act for economic reasons — their nuclear industries are too important to their economies to fail. The Japanese government has always played a strong role in shaping the direction of its industries, including nuclear, while the French nuclear industry is entirely government-controlled.
Latest from John Shanahan
- Nuclear Africa 2017 Conference Magazine (Kelvin Kemm) South Africa
- How two nuclear projects bankrupted Westinghouse (Reuters, Tom Hals, Emily Flitter)
- Nuclear Energy - Will we miss the boat again? (Sidney Bernsen)
- Displacement of fossil fuels by nuclear power in 25 to 34 years (Barry Brook, Staffan Qvist)
- Linear No Threshold Obituary (Jay Lehr)