Michael Shellenberger, Founder & President of Environmental Progress, website: www.environmentalprogress.org: The looming insolvency of Toshiba has set off a chain reaction of events that threatens the existence of nuclear power in the West. The Japanese and French governments will be compelled to act for economic reasons — their nuclear industries are too important to their economies to fail. The Japanese government has always played a strong role in shaping the direction of its industries, including nuclear, while the French nuclear industry is entirely government-controlled.
Latest from John Shanahan
- 100 percent renewable energy rested on a lie (Michael Shellenberger, Environmental Progress - Mark Jacobson)
- Energy is worth a war (Robert Hargraves)
- Atomic humanism - Alvin Weinberg (Michael Shellenberger)
- Nine Nuclear Grand Challenges Report (American Nuclear Society, ANS)
- Nine Nuclear Grand Challenges (American Nuclear Society, ANS)