Michael Shellenberger, Founder & President of Environmental Progress, website: www.environmentalprogress.org: The looming insolvency of Toshiba has set off a chain reaction of events that threatens the existence of nuclear power in the West. The Japanese and French governments will be compelled to act for economic reasons — their nuclear industries are too important to their economies to fail. The Japanese government has always played a strong role in shaping the direction of its industries, including nuclear, while the French nuclear industry is entirely government-controlled.
Latest from John Shanahan
- War on affordable electricity (Dax Contreras)
- No peak oil in sight (James Conca)
- Evidence low dose rates increase dog lifespans (Jerry Cuttler, Ludwig Feinendegen, Yehoshua Socol)
- Faux nuclear news before faux news became popular in politics (Amelia Frahm)
- Energiewende oder schutz der natur (Fritz Vahrenholt) German, Deutsch, Germany