Michael Shellenberger, Founder & President of Environmental Progress, website: www.environmentalprogress.org: The looming insolvency of Toshiba has set off a chain reaction of events that threatens the existence of nuclear power in the West. The Japanese and French governments will be compelled to act for economic reasons — their nuclear industries are too important to their economies to fail. The Japanese government has always played a strong role in shaping the direction of its industries, including nuclear, while the French nuclear industry is entirely government-controlled.
Latest from John Shanahan
- Radiation from natural and human sources (Theodore Rockwell, Zbigniew Jaworoski)
- Theodore Rockwell biography (National Academy of Engineering)
- Establishing Scientific Bases for Risk-Based Radiation Regulations (S.A.R.I., SARI)
- Treatment of cancer and inflammation (S Kojima, M Tsukimoto, N Shimura, H Koga, A Murata, T Takara)
- Radiation is safe within limits (Robert Hargraves)